To achieve ideal results, some patients need orthodontic treatment in combination with Jaw surgery Yulee.
In fact, because moving the jaws also moves the teeth, orthognathic surgery is usually performed in conjunction with orthodontics so that the teeth are in the proper position after surgery. The objective of orthognathic surgery is the correction of a wide range of minor and major facial and jaw irregularities, and benefits include an improved ability to chew, speak and breathe. In many cases, an enhanced appearance can also result. Please contact our dentists at Onshore Orthodontics.
Below Are Some Conditions That May Indicate The Need for Corrective Jaw Surgery:
- Difficulty chewing or biting food
- Difficulty swallowing
- Chronic jaw or jaw joint (TMJ) pain and headache
- Excessive wear of the teeth
- Open bite (space between the upper and lower teeth when the mouth is closed)
- An unbalanced facial appearance from the front or side
- Facial injury or birth defects
- Receding chin
- Protruding jaw
- Inability to make the lips meet without straining
- Oral surgery in Yulee
- Chronic mouth breathing and dry mouth
- Sleep apnea (breathing problems when sleeping, including snoring)